Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Estimated Reading Time Hack
Another neat blogger hack submitted by Mario, of Caso Pathologico. He's authored a script to estimate the reading time of your posts, so that your readers know whether they've got time to get through the whole thing before the boss comes back!!

The default reading speed is 25o wpm, but the script is open & so you can set a slower or faster reading speed depending on your opinion of your readers. There are 4 code inserts required to set this up... a script in the head, the code to display the time estimate, a special div to make the blogitembody stand out, and another script that sits just outside the closing blogger tag.

The post and the hack are in Spanish, but the function works great regardless of my inability to read it!! Great work, Mario!!

Filed in: , ,
Posted at 4:54 PM by John.
5 Comments:
<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
bah i can rad a 1000 words a minute... i am the only peson who reads a consuming exreience posts in a breeze
=P

after reading mario blog

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh, and i meant, that after reading mario blog, i finded the hack amusing but is completely useless as a blog hack, howeverr as a greasemonkey or a extension in f.f then it would be a great thing to have..

<    >
Blogger Luis Damasco said...
Well I don’t have anything that important to say except I’ve been reading your blog for I don’t know how long and use I don’t know how many of your hacks, so I thought today would be the day that I congratulated you on your excellent blog. This is truly the best blog to find blogger hacks.

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Interesting feature. I find myself trying to figure this out based on the size of the scroll bar. If the slider is very small, I know it's going to be a long read.

<    >
Blogger Yash said...
useless hack really...


eXTReMe Tracker